*This simple information is meant for a local business in a small to mid-size city, so not Toronto or Vancouver.
The Next 90 Days -Ensuring Your Website Is Found With Local SEO
2 easy things to remember – Google is just a big complicated text reader – feed it consistently with fresh, relevant topic focused content and media. Plus it uses back-links as a weighted voting system to rank your website. Its more complicated than that but great content and some clean links as outlined below will get a local business reasonable presentation locally. Want to learn more or consider us as your SEO provider please review our pricing here.
Really interested in how SEO works? Checkout these great resources:
You Need To Create Content
There are lots of creative ways to produce content but the easiest thing to do is to just keep producing blog posts. The new content supports ranking for main keyword phrases as well as adding many word combinations that clients might use to find your business. I would plan out the writing in advance and stick to a schedule or find a local writer. Blog posts are typically in the $30 – $50 range for 600 words written in Canada. Try this as a content planner – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PIlNxwCqz28gJCvvTbx-x7UfipjN9UTq85KbcTwxWEk/edit?usp=sharing
You Need To Build Citations & Backlinks From Other Websites
You want to increase your incoming links without buying links or getting garbage link builds.
- Go to Whitespark.ca – https://whitespark.ca/citation-building-submission-service/ and use their citation building service. The citation form you filled out for me can be used to order these links. 10 local & 10 generic citations per month over the next 3 months will ensure a top position in your local rankings. These rankings will encompass a few of your most relevant keywords.
- In order to build ranking for more keywords both service and location wise you need to earn other incoming links. These links should be local and subject related if possible. Think friends and business associates with websites that would be willing to link back to you. The best way to convince them is typically to write a blog post for them that they post on their website with a link back to your website within the content – (research link outreach). Sponsoring a sports team or a music group like the Oakville Symphony can get you listed in their resource section – https://www.oakvillesymphony.com/supporters/our-sponsors/. Many opportunities exist locally to connect your website link wise while personally networking.
- Google Remarketing – different than Google ads as it just reminds clients that have already been to your website. Cost for you for a month would be under $300 per month and it would likely contribute to a measurable percentage increase in sales from the website.
- Socially share your website posts and engage with social users if possible.
- Ensure that your images used on posts are well optimized with title, alt and descriptive text. Same goes for the page title and description. Don’t keyword stuff, just be as wordy and accurate as possible. Also try to include the names of the cities you service whenever possible.
- Build the basic socials – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Company page
- Add and maintain an Faq page
Suggested plan cost is roughly $500 per month.
Want results without the learning curve? Call us at 416.889.7812 to see what options are available for your business.